During the winter, the cold weather allows us to participate in a lot of fun activities like skiing, hunting and ice skating. However, one downfall is how cold your hands can get, even if you wear a pair of gloves. That’s where hand warmers come in to save the day.
Whether you plan to be outside for just a couple of hours or all day, hand warmers should be an essential item you have on hand for all of your cold-weather activities. With different types of hand warmers available, you’ll always be able to find a hand warmer that perfectly fits your needs.
When Are Hand Warmers Needed?
Life doesn’t stop just because the weather gets cold. Hand warmers allow you to continue doing the things you love while keeping you warm. Beyond winter activities, hand warmers can also keep your hands warm if you work outside during the winter. Whether you work in construction or need to plow the snow around your property, hand warmers can help you stay warm as you complete various tasks throughout the day.
Some uses of hand warmers include:
- Hunting: Depending on the hunting season in your state, you may face cold weather while hunting. Luckily, hand warmers help keep you warm and functional during the day or night. For the safety of you and others, you need to be able to feel and use your hands properly. During the colder months, hand warmers should be an essential item included with your hunting gear.
- Camping: Enjoying the beautiful views of fall and winter landscapes should be a comfortable experience. With a family pack of hand warmers, the whole family can get outside and interact with nature and have a great time.
- Sports events: Whether it’s your favorite NFL team or the local youth team, hand warmers allow you to focus on the game instead of how your hands feel.
- Cold weather sports: With fun outdoor activities like skiing, ice skating, snowboarding and sledding being popular during the colder months, you can be sure you’ll interact with the cold weather at some point. Adding hand warmers to your sports attire will let you enjoy the activity much longer than you could without the added warmth.
- Outdoor work: When it’s time to shovel the snow in your driveway or de-ice your walkways, keeping some hand warmers in your pocket can ensure your hands stay toasty while you work.
No matter when or why you’re heading outside, putting a pair of hand warmers in your coat pocket can be a surefire way to ensure you keep warm in the chilly weather.
Types of Hand Warmers
At some point in your life, you’ve probably used a hand warmer, but did you know there are different types of hand warmers? The two general categories for hand warmers are disposable and reusable.
Disposable Hand Warmers
Disposable hand warmers are sold in packets, usually containing two hand warmers. These hand warmers work through a simple chemical reaction. By using an iron blend in the packet, the iron has an exothermic reaction when exposed to air and naturally produces heat.
This product can be found in convenience stores and sometimes concession stands for outdoor events. While disposable hand warmers are cheap, they’re not the most effective or sustainable option. You should note that disposable hand warmers only provide a few hours of warmth and have expiration dates you should check before each use.
Further, they can create a lot of waste, especially if you use them often throughout the cold months. After each use, the packets containing the hand warmers, and the hand warmers themselves, are disposed of and end up polluting landfills. Additionally, you may need to use multiple disposable hand warmers to reach and maintain the heat level of reusable hand warmers, increasing how much you have to pay to keep warm.
Reusable Hand Warmers
If you frequently face cold weather, you likely don’t want to buy hand warmers every time you leave the house. With the one-time purchase of a reusable hand warmer, you’ll always have a hand warmer handy that lasts for hours.
If you’re looking for a powerful, reliable hand warmer, our rechargeable POWERPAW hand warmers have you covered. Stay warm with the world’s first waterproof rechargeable hand warmer. With 360-degree heat and four powerful heating modes of up to 130 degrees Fahrenheit, you’ll feel the difference the POWERPAW makes in keeping you warm.
Other benefits of the POWERPAW include:
- Waterproof: No matter where your next adventure takes you, the POWERPAW is ready for action, as it’s waterproof and can handle up to 30 minutes submerged in 1 meter of water.
- Shockproof: The POWERPAW is shockproof, with up to 1 meter of damage protection, providing you with an extremely durable hand warmer.
- Quick startup: In only 50 seconds, your POWERPAW will reach your desired temperature.
- Portability: With its comfortable and protective silicon covering and convenient size that can means it can fit into gloves, pockets or bags, this hand warmer is ready to take on even the harshest weather.
- Rechargeable: Easily recharge the hand warmer by using a power bank, computer, car USB port or even a solar panel.
Our reusable hand warmer is also easy on your wallet and great for the planet. With a one-time purchase, you have a quality hand warmer you can use winter season after winter season. Reusing one hand warmer whenever your hands need a bit of warming up reduces waste produced by disposable, one-use hand warmers. Disposable hand warmers contribute to plastic waste and harm the planet we love exploring.
There’s no need to continue buying boxes and boxes of disposable hand warmers when you have a hand warmer that lasts you for adventures to come.
Stay Warm With Panther Vision Rechargeable Hand Warmers
Hand warmers are a cold-weather necessity, especially for anyone who enjoys outdoor winter activities. We encourage you to get outside and take on a new adventure, but you need to do so safely. Our high-quality POWERPAW hand warmers will keep you warm even in freezing temperatures.
You can count on our hand warmers to have unparalleled performance while remaining affordable. Shop our wide online catalog to safely prepare you and your loved ones for your next cold weather activity.